Are you feeling discomfort or pain in your abdomen and does it feel like gas and bloating, and many of us are ashamed to discuss about their bowl movement and their poop and even though they are struggling, Everyone bowel habits are different and pooping is an important part of digestion process, many of us use to fail in this process.
Are you worried about your bowel movement that you are facing in daily life?
You may come across the term & Prebiotic which are complex carbohydrates that usually contain a certain types of bacteria in the gut that encouraging them to grow in volume.
Good bacteria that plays a crucial role in regulating the immune system which inhibiting the growth of the pathogens and digesting food.
Insoluble fiber which is difficult for the body to process and passing relatively that intact through the digestive system, there are trillions of microorganisms present in the gut which collectively called as gut macrobiota and by what we put into the gut that can change or alter the composition of the gut micro biome
What are Prebiotics?
You may come across the term prebiotics which are commonly having complex carbohydrates which usually that contain a types of bacteria in the gut and help to encouraging the bacteria to grow .Good bacteria that plays a crucial role in regulating the immune system which inhibiting the growth of the pathogens and digesting food.
Foods for Prebiotic
Prebiotic food are dietary fiber that feed the friendly good bacteria in the gut, some the food like
1. Chicory Root
2. Dandelion Greens
3. Jerusalem Artichoke
12. Raw Garlic
13. Raw Wheat Bran
14. Konjac Root
14. Burdock Root
16. Yacon Root
17. Jicama Root
Probiotic Food Sources
Foods high in probiotics are fermented dairy products. These foods naturally contain prebiotics which making them synbiotic. Some of the most common fermented dairy products like
- Sour cream
The Preparation how much do you need ?
Most of the foods and their composition of prebiotic fiber food will change when they are cooked. Heating or cooking anything changes its composition, thus altering its natural occurring state. In the case of prebiotics, if you cook them, you lose some of that precious prebiotic properties.The exact prebiotic fiber is lost when these foods are cooked but it is safe to consume if they less heated the more they will retain that healthy prebiotic fiber. So, instead of cooking those mentioned food in above article toss them in a salad and eat them raw.
However if you need them then cook, minimally steaming them will allow them to retain more of that prebiotic fiber than it would if you were to boil or sauté them.
Normally while you may be consuming prebiotic foods in your diet, there’s no guarantee you are consuming the suggested 5 grams a day minimum for achieving the optimal beneficial health effects.
The prebiotics compound that can occur naturally in many foods and can be easily introduced into the diet. You may easily find in the some vegetables, fruits like onions, bananas and garlic.You can also find them in more concentrated forms, such as nutritional supplements
Health Benefits of Prebiotics
Prebiotics are one of the most exciting technologies in gut health research and studies demonstrate that prebiotic foods that can work naturally in the gut, selectively nourishing beneficial good bacteria which ferments dietary fibre.
Beneficial bacteria, such as bifid bacteria, aid in digestion and help the body to produce the important and useful nutrients that it needs, including short chain fatty acids.
- It helps boosting digestive health
- It improves the barrier function of the gut
- It supports the immune system
- It helps to improve the absorption of several minerals
- Reducing the inflammation and symptoms associated with a sensitive stomach
- Minimising the risk of developing diarrhoea
- Help to prevention of the obesity
- It helps to relieving constipation
- Enhance the body mineral
- Enhance the nutrient uptake
- It helps to Contributing positively to your mental health, including stress
- It increasing the absorption of calcium to improve bone density
- It lowers the potential risk factors like cardiovascular disease
Prebiotics for IBS
Prebiotics compound are the microorganisms that supplement and nourishes the natural bacteria that encouraging them to grow in the volume.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) which is common disorder which affects the large intestine there will be symptoms like cramping, bloating gas,diarrhea or constipation.
Research and clinical studies shown that IBS patients may give a combination of prebiotics which help in significant improvement in the abdominal pain, bloating and constipation.
Positive Side Effects
- Prebiotics foods that is high in fiber nutrients that support the digestive health.
- Prebiotics that usually help that contain a certain types of bacteria in the gut
- Prebiotics foods have also been shown to improve the metabolic health that prevents certain diseases.
- And according to studies and research most prebiotics that can be safely consumed without any side effects.
- In case if you have IBS or any other gastrointestinal disorders, you should consult with physician before including prebiotics in your diet.
Prebiotics for General Health
Prebiotics that can be consumed in foods or in mode of supplement, since prebiotics that are non-digestible fiber, and they are found in many plants and foods that provides a good nutrition, however side effects are rare and most adults can safely include food that contain prebiotics on their diets.